Domaine de la Tour is a magnificent 18th century agricultural domaine situated in peaceful countryside close to the town of Falaise. Once part of a greater property including a chateau constructed by Louis XV for one of his favourites, Madame de Seran, Domaine de la Tour is a great option for extended families or several different families wanting to holiday together with plenty of space for everybody, old and young alike.
At a Glance:
- Beautiful rural retreat with two very spacious 4 bedroom gîtes and additional Bed and Breakfast rooms
- Surrounded by 500 hectares of forest and agricultural land
- Animals on site from April to November
- Indoor playroom and large exterior play area.
- Meal delivery service, babysitting and pre-arrival shopping service
- 5 minute drive to nearest town including aquatic centre
- Satellite TV, DVD/MP3 player, WiFi
- Friday changeover
- Short breaks available from 1 night (not 23 May to 28 Aug)
- Bed & breakfast rooms available
In more detail:
The gîtes are set in 7 hectares of land offering a tranquil, rural retreat in which to relax and unwind. Formerly stables to the nearby chateau, the two gîtes have been entirely renovated whilst keeping their authentic charm. Both gîtes have a spacious living area with leather sofas and satellite TV (all BBC channels including Cbeebies), a DVD/CD/MP3/SD-card player, and a library of DVDs for kids and parents. Wi-Fi internet access is available in both.
There is a shared playroom equipped with plenty of toys for the under 5s and nearby table tennis for older kids and parents. There are extensive grounds including a large wooden swing set, tower and sand pit, a picnic area and paddock with animals to pet (April to November).
Domaine de la Tour is situated 1km off the main road, surrounded by 500 hectares of forest and agricultural land. The nearest town is Falaise, just a few minutes drive away where you will find two large supermarkets, a variety of shops, restaurants, banks, bakeries, an aquatic centre and weekly market on Saturday morning. It is within 30 minutes of the nearest coast and 20 minutes of Caen by motorway. It is only 1Km along the same road from La Cour aux Bourgeois.
Bed and Breakfast
In addition to the gîtes there are 4 ensuite bed and breakfast rooms available in the main house from 70€ per night (discount available for stays of 5 or more nights).Gite Delille – 4 bedrooms Gite Marmontel – 4 bedrooms